- 1/3 cup fresh tangerine juice (or orange juice)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to coat scallops
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a small saucepan combine first 7 ingredients over medium heat. Whisk to incorporate honey. Let mixture come to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare the scallops by removing the side muscle, if necessary. Rinse and pat dry. Coat very lightly with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Once glaze is reduced, heat butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Sear scallops for about 1 1/2 minutes per side, until a brown crust forms.
- Serve scallops on a bed of arugula and spoon glaze over the top.